HomeSportsRonaldo: ‘This Is Probably My Last Year Of Football’

Ronaldo: ‘This Is Probably My Last Year Of Football’

Published on

spot_img

Al Nassr star Cristiano Ronaldo has disclosed that the 2026–27 campaign will probably be his final year in professional football.

Speaking in an interview with Vogue, the 41-year-old stated he has his post-career plans mapped out as he chases the historic milestone of 1,000 career goals.

Read Also:Arsenal Maintain Community Shield Dominance Over Man City After 3-0 Win

Ronaldo told the publication that this upcoming season is likely his last on the pitch after 25 years of sacrifice.

He noted that he wants to stay busy after hanging up his boots because football can leave a major void.

“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” he told Vogue, saying his future after football was all mapped out.

“I have so many things to keep me busy that to tell you just one thing is hard,” he said, listing travel and padel among his favourite activities.

“Because football could leave a big hole, you have to fill your time in various ways, not just one,” said the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus forward.

Read Also:Arsenal Maintain Community Shield Dominance Over Man City After 3-0 Win

Ronaldo married his longstanding partner Georgina Rodriguez in an intimate ceremony in the Portuguese resort of Cascais on Tuesday.

He told Vogue he wanted to “continue to enjoy what I’ve earned – what we’ve earned. Because after all it’s been 25 years with a lot of sacrifice”, referring to his glittering career.

<!–

–>

Source: Complete Sports

Latest articles

Morning recap: Adeleke extends olive branch, Kwankwaso explains Obi alliance, other top stories

Catch up on the latest Nigerian news with our morning recap, covering Adeleke's victory, Kwankwaso's Obi alliance, Osun tragedy, and other top stories.

Osun: APC’s defeat not Adeleke’s trade-off for supporting Tinubu – Hakeem Baba-Ahmed

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, a former political adviser to President Bola Tinubu, has insisted that the All Progressives Congress, APC, defeat in Osun State is not

Nigeria targets local production of military hardware, anti-drone systems

Nigeria is boosting its defence industry by targeting local production of military hardware and anti-drone systems, reducing reliance on imports and creati

NNPC/Shell Vision First Outreach Makes Mark In Badagry

Nearly 3,000 people in Badagry Local Government Area of Lagos State benefitted from the latest edition of the Vision First initiative of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) which held there last week.

More like this

Morning recap: Adeleke extends olive branch, Kwankwaso explains Obi alliance, other top stories

Catch up on the latest Nigerian news with our morning recap, covering Adeleke's victory, Kwankwaso's Obi alliance, Osun tragedy, and other top stories.

Osun: APC’s defeat not Adeleke’s trade-off for supporting Tinubu – Hakeem Baba-Ahmed

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, a former political adviser to President Bola Tinubu, has insisted that the All Progressives Congress, APC, defeat in Osun State is not

Nigeria targets local production of military hardware, anti-drone systems

Nigeria is boosting its defence industry by targeting local production of military hardware and anti-drone systems, reducing reliance on imports and creati